Oris has a decent propensity for acquiring limited editions their Aquis line to add to sea protection. This week we got an inquiry from Apostolos, I suppose one of our readers in Greece.
You Asked Us: Will the dial of my Oris Aquis Clipperton fade in brilliant sunlight?
Here’s the original content of Apostolos question:
Subject: WATCH DIALS AND SUN EXPOSURE
I as of late purchased an Oris Aquis Clipperton. Its graded blue dial is a genuine euphoria. The inquiry is, is it alright to use in direct daylight routinely, or it will before long fade and lose its fantastic contrast?
Oris’ Contribution to Ocean Conservation
Already in 2010 Oris brought its initially limited edition of the Aquis to add to Ocean Conservation. From the returns of this model, the Great Barrier Reef, part was given to the Australian Marine Conservation Society. Various models followed, practically yearly. Maldives, Tubbataha, Kittiwake, El Hierro, Hammerhead, and Staghorn are among them. Some time back, we did an audit on the Oris Aquis Staghorn .
The Clipperton Atoll
Last year, 2017, we saw the Oris Aquis Clipperton. A watch dedicated to the conservation of earth most disconnected land mass, Clipperton Island. We did a short survey on this Aquis Clipperton limited edition . The Clipperton atoll, arranged at in the Pacific Ocean, is home to
A excellent angle blue dial
The excellent angle blue dial of the Oris Aquis Clipperton was enlivened by the
A very understandable inquiry, be that as it may, not one we could answer immediately ourselves. Along these lines we reached Oris’ director, Ulrich W. Herzog. Despite the fact that we’re in the occasion time frame in Switzerland also, Mr Herzog reached the dial producer who delivered this jewel for the Oris Aquis Clipperton.
Absolutely protected to utilize routinely in brilliant sunlight
As expected very little data on the specialized side could be given. The dial producer, obviously, didn’t uncover details of his cycle how he accomplished this astonishing depth in blue, which makes this watch so appealing. The dial producer applied a sunray with this deep blue tone, however that’s everything which can be advised about the methods used to deliver this dial. In any case, Mr Ulrich, by expression of his dial maker, affirmed: “there is no motivation to be worried about the possibility that that the shading will fade in brilliant sunlight”. As far as I might be concerned, this data, and straightforwardly from a source this way, would be adequate not to worry.
Specifications for the Oris Aquis Clipperton
Oris Clipperton Limited Edition
Ref. No. 01 733 7730 4185 MB, Ø 43.5 mm Limited to 2,000 pieces
- Automatic development Oris Cal. 733, in view of Sellita SW 200-1, with a date at 6 o’clock
- Multi-piece treated steel case with screw-in security crown and crown insurance. Water-impervious to 30 bar/300m
- Diver’s uni-directional turning bezel with a dark clay embed with hour long clock and zero marker loaded up with Super-LumiNova®
- Sapphire precious stone domed on the two sides with against intelligent covering inside
- Screwed hardened steel case back embossed with Clipperton Island and its coordinates
- Gradient blue dial with applied files loaded up with Super-LumiNova®. Nickel hour and moment hands loaded up with Super-LumiNova®. Nickel focal seconds hand with ‘candy’ embed loaded up with Super-LumiNova®
- Black elastic lash with Oris-developed wellbeing moor and speedy change, sliding-sled collapsing catch with augmentation. On the other hand accessible with a tempered steel wristband with snappy change, sliding-sled collapsing fasten with extension
- Presentation box made utilizing harmless to the ecosystem regenerative green growth. Clipperton Island symbol included inside
- Retail cost in the EU: € 1,950 on a lash, €2,150 on a treated steel bracelet
The next Oris Aquis limited edition
Meanwhile, during Baselworld 2018, Oris has introduced the following limited edition of the Aquis, the Source of Life. The Oris Source of Life isn’t about sea preservation yet is enlivened by the River Rhine. It praises the job water plays in our lives and welcomes us to consider how we care for the world’s water sources.
More data on the Oris Aquis and its limited editions can be found at the authority Oris site .